Dynatorq is a device for the conservative re-education of the upper limbs and the recovery of neuromuscular control. The connection to a PC allows detecting the force applied and the bending angle of the joint, and performing the isometric test. Furthermore, it allows carrying out orthostatic exercises standing on two feet or seated, guaranteeing a workout along the sagittal, coronal and scapular axes.
- Assessment and isometric and isotonic exercises
- Measurement of the force applied and the bending angle of the knee with visual feedback
- Intra-extra rotation tests, Patte’s test, Lift off test, Jobe’s test
- Guided exercises for proprioceptive re-education, video games
- Elastic actuator with adjustable load up to 16 elastic bands
- Levers for intra-extra rotation, elevation-abduction and pronation-supination of the forearm
- Movements available along the sagittal, coronal and scapular axes both standing and sitting.
Use and application
The main difference between the work with Dynatorq and that with plain elastic bands, which generally allow more “degrees of freedom” in an exercise, is that Dynatorq enables the therapist to isolate a specific movement (intra-extra rotation, abduction, elevation) and work just on it while guaranteeing at the same time a good repeatability of the exercise and the possibility of measuring the patient’s performance improvements session after session, or comparing it with the contralateral shoulder.